iOS 10 presented SiriKit, a new framework empowering applications to integrate with Siri. Generally, your applications can send messages, put calls, send payments, and then some. SiriKit helps you make new experiences on iOS and explore design standards for making an incredible Siri integration.
Siri is an integral part of iOS. It has intents, framework and contacts integration called CallKit. SiriKit support is partitioned into domains, each of those characterizes one or more tasks that can be performed. In order to utilize SiriKit, applications must help one of the following domains: VoIP calling, Messaging, Payments, Photos, Workouts, Ride booking, Car commands, CarPlay automotive vendors only), and Restaurant reservations (requires extra help from Apple).
What is SiriKit?
SiriKit is another iOS developer framework that permits third-party applications from the App Store to integrate their features with Siri. Utilizing SiriKit, certain sorts of applications can offer an extension that shows Siri how to go along information from users' voices, extending the application's functionality into new corners of the operating system. Since iOS 8, users have possessed the capacity to access application functionality from other parts of iOS utilizing extensions in Notification Center or the system share sheet.
Use SiriKit If Your Application Belongs To Any Of The Below Domain:
o Audio or video calling:If your app has a feature of audio or video call then you can utilize Siri kit.
o Messaging Application:If your app support messaging feature then you can utilize it.
o Payments:If your application having payment feature then you can utilize it.
o Search photos:Photo searching app can also integrate Siri kit and utilize Siri feature.
o Workout:This category app can integrate Siri.
o Ride Booking:Finally ride booking app can also use it.
Siri Use Extensions With Your Application Service:
As we realize that two distinctive application run its own sandbox zone and they can't connect with each other in iOS. Apple gave a mechanism that is known as Extension by which one application can impart data and connect to another application.
Siri will use two Extensions to interact with application service these are:
1. Intent Extension:Using Intent Extension, Siri and application service will be making communication. It is required to utilize intent extension else you cannot utilize Siri.
2. Intent UI Extension:Intent UI Extension comes into the picture if you need to demonstrate custom view for indicating confirmation detail to the user. When you will make a custom Intent UI Extension will give you a different storyboard to design your view.
Add an Intents App Extension to Your Project:
After empowering the Siri capacity, you would now be able to include new Intents application extensions to your project. You may include more than one Intents extension yet remember that every extension must help distinctive intents. Building of multiple extensions is just suggested if it lessens memory trail of every extension or gives your application a performance advantage.
· Open you're existing application extend in XCode.
· Select Intents extensions from Application Extension Group.
· Then click Next.
· Give a name to your extension, design preferred language and different alternatives.
· Enable the Include UI Extension if you need to tweak parts of Siri interface
· Click Finish.
How SiriKit Intents Work:
There are 3 levels of communication between your app and Siri about Intents:
1. Resolve:Ask your application to resolve each parameter on in intent. We will call resolve few times for every parameter and affirm user request. This step enables Siri to comprehend what user stated, and all the more imperatively, what they implied when they sent the request to your application.
2. Confirm:Details Siri about expected consequence of handling intent. It is an opportunity for your application to check for any necessity states to finish the user tasks.
3. Handle:Used for particular actions a user requests. You ought to give however much information about the results as could be expected. Network calls can require some time and Siri shows the waiting animation. It can give a response within a few seconds, else, you can utilize the InProgress response code.
In this way, if you need clients to have a voice assistant and let them appreciate more interactive interface on your iOS application, get the SiriKit integration from our experts. Positioned as a best iOS app development company,ouriOS application developers are skilled in latest innovation and tools and can do it the best for you since we have a proven track record in conveying significant, addictive iOS applications to our customer's clients. We'd privilege to do it for you.