Picking a good color scheme for your website could be a scary thing-particularly if you're not sure about your color coordination ability, or feel that you're not a skilled designer.
What about you?
- What color should you use for your logo or headline?
- Do you know how to choose balancing colors that combine well?
- Which part of your website should you use color?
Do colors impact web site visitors?
While making a site, picking the best colors is a standout amongst the toughest tasks that emerge spite of the clear effectiveness. Picking the ideal chromatic palette is significant so as to viably convey the message, to reinforce the possibility of an interesting element and to make brand awareness.
How to choose colors?
Researchers agree that colors incredibly impact the human perspective. The color scheme that you use on your website can bribe the visitor to participate in the objective of your site (i.e. make a purchase or demand your services) or abandon it after the initial couple of seconds. Regardless of the possibility that they don't know about it, your visitors will be significantly affected in their choice to browsing your site or to abandon it due to the poor choice of colors and other visual showed elements.
Personality of color- what color should you choose for your website?
- Red: energy, passion, excitement, power; also implies aggression, danger.
Meaning- Often used to make persistence for people to buy. Effective in triggering strong emotional reactions. Restaurants use it to rouse hunger.
Example- CocaCola, Netflix, Heinz, Pinterest
- Blue: coolness, spirituality, freedom, patience, loyalty, peace, trustworthiness.
Meaning- Often used in businesses & banks to create sense of security & trust in brand. Blue is the no. 1 preferred color.
Example- Oral-B, DELL, Skype, SBI
- Yellow: light, optimism, happiness, brightness, joy.
Meaning-Often use to grasp the attention of the audience. Yellow can put strain on the eyes, so you want to use it carefully.
Example- National Geographic, Nikon, Mac D
- Green: life, naturalness, restfulness, health, wealth, prosperity.
Meaning- The calmest color for the eye to process, so it has moderation effects. Green is no. 2 most preferred color.
Example- Tropicana, Star Bucks, BP, Land Rover
- Orange: friendliness, warmth, approachability, energy, playfulness, courage.
Meaning-Promotes people to take action; buy & subscribe. Orange attracts instinct shoppers.
Example-Harley Davidson, Amazon, Gulf, Fanta
- Purple: wisdom, royalty, wealth, success.
Meaning- Often used in beauty or anti-aging products. Purple has a comforting & relaxing effect on people.
Example- Cadbury, Hallmark, Yahoo, Crown Royal
- Black: power, elegance, secrecy, mystery.
Meaning- Often used to market luxury brands to arouse professionalism, strength & precision.
Example-Chanel, L’Oreal Paris, Rolls Royce
- Gray: security, maturity, reliability.
Meaning-it lacks emotion & is associated with technology, industry, accuracy, control, ability & even complexity.
- Pink: romance, a feminine color.
Meaning- Often used to market services & product to women & young girls.
Example- Barbie, Pink Victoria’s secret
Tools to help you pick the best color combination:
In order to offer you some actual examples, we will count below a series of concrete tools to help you choose the best combination:
Picking the right color scheme for your site ought to never be founded on your favorite color, or on a feeling.
A good website design is one that dependably put its audience first.
Choose color & design that interest to your intended audience, so you can make a paramount and stand separated from your competition.
Picking color schemes ought not to be random at all. Rather, it ought to be a progression of organized, objective, coordinating activity:
(1) Matching your brand with the correct dominant color
(2) Coordinating the dominant color with complement colors utilizing the Adobe tool
(3) Coordinating the background color with your dominant and complement colors.
By following our steps above, you can make a good color blend for your site – even if you don't have a good sense of design and color coordination!
Try not to fear injecting some color into your site and have a fabulous time with the procedure! Simply remember not to let your color overwhelm your content!